The SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness reflects the role of instructors who perform a range of activities and functions within the fitness industry. This qualification provides a pathway to work as an instructor providing exercise instruction for group and gym programs.
SIS30315 Certificate III Fitness Instructors work independently with some level of autonomy in a controlled environment such as fitness, leisure, aquatic and community centres where risks are managed through pre-existing risk assessment and hazard control processes.
On completion of the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness you will be able to register with Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia in the category of Exercise Instructor.
Group A: Aqua Exercise Instruction
Individuals who specialise in Aqua Exercise Instruction deliver water-based exercise sessions designed for participation by a group of clients. Sessions may be freestyle, pre-choreographed or circuit style. They also have the skills to rescue a client in distress, and an appropriate level of pool deck fitness and endurance.
Group B: Group Exercise Instruction
Individuals who specialise in Group Exercise Instruction deliver exercise sessions designed for participation by a group of clients with a mix of ages/fitness levels. Sessions may be freestyle, pre-choreographed or circuit style. These individuals instruct and demonstrate complete exercise sessions to groups with limited individual interaction.
Group C: Gym Instruction
Individuals who specialise in Gym Instruction provide individually tailored client assessments, provide technique correction as needed, and develop and demonstrate programs. They also provide supervision of a facility or service, keep equipment clean, tidy and well maintained, and handle various customer enquiries.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
Students do require access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection.
If you are interested in Recognition of Prior Learning for the SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness please contact us on (02) 6674 2274 or email us at [email protected]. Note that fees do apply for RPL.
The SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness requires 16 units be completed:
- 9 mandatory core units
- 7 elective units, consisting of:
- all units in group A, B or C
- remaining units to make up the required 7 elective units from Group D; maximum of 2 units may be selected elsewhere in SIS Training Package, or any other current Training Package or accredited course.
Packaging Rules for each specialisation:
- All Group A electives must be selected for award of the Certificate III in Fitness (Aqua Exercise Instructor)
- All Group B electives must be selected for award of the Certificate III in Fitness (Group Exercise Instructor)
- All Group C electives must be selected for award of the Certificate III in Fitness (Gym Instructor).