Group Exercise Instructor
Group Exercise Instructor
(Statement of Attainment)
Teaching group exercise is an incredible skill for a Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer to have, leading and motivating a group of people through a fun, energetic and uplifting class to music is exhilarating. Group exercise leaders are able to choreograph classes, mentor individuals to achieve goals, coach and entertain.
In this course you will learn the fitness fundamentals including the planning, selection, sequencing and progression of exercises and appropriate music, and instructing and monitoring clients to deliver dynamic uplifting classes.
Fit Dimension Education offers Group Exercise as a specialisation unit for those already qualified as a Certificate III (Fitness Instructor) or Certificate IV in Fitness (Personal Trainer), or you can choose to study our Certificate III in fitness SIS30315 where you will train in both Group Exercise and Gym Programming.
General Information about the Course
- Enrol and start anytime – whenever it suits you (can do this online).
- Course duration is 6 months however you can work through it at your own pace and course complete earlier.
- The cost of the course is $597, which you can split into a few payments at no extra cost (we need a deposit to finalise your enrolment so you can start the course).
- The course has both online and practical requirements.
- There are online quizzes (basic short ones) and an online assignment.
- Practical covers all practical elements.
- To assist your practical learning we have videos available online where we demonstrate the requirements for assessment.
- Depending on where you live dictates how we organise your practical. If you are remote from our location and we don’t have a course in your area we will tutor you through the practical. You negotiate with us how you can complete the practical. The practical can then be videoed and uploaded into our Dropbox for feedback and assessment. If you are not remote we can see you face-to face for the practical. We have students from around Australia completing the course.
Group B Elective Stream from SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness (Statement of Attainment)
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|SISFFIT007||Instruct group exercise sessions|
|SISFFIT011||Instruct approved community fitness programs|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes|
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety (Release 3)|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid (Release 6) **|
|** This course contains a unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Fit Dimension Education has an agreement in place with First Aid Accident and Emergency (RTO ID 32508) which allows students to receive training for this unit. First Aid Accident and Emergency is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Fit Dimension Education. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. (see also First Aid Requirements)|